Chronicles of Cross-Country Motorcycle Adventure

---

4.23.2010

The Bag - North Face Base Camp



Just strapped my size Large - North Face Base Camp duffel bag to my bike this week to test the change in riding style. I loaded the bag with almost the exact items I will be taking on the trip to test the load and how this might affect the handling. Surprisingly I haven't noticed any weight/handling problems at all. I secured the load using Andy Strapz which I love and would highly recommend anyone that owns a motorcycle to pick them up. They are made in Australia and have a genius Velcro fastening system that makes you say to yourself, "Why didn't I think of that?". But I have noticed the load shifting slightly as I am riding. As you can see in this photo I have the straps over the bag going straight over the top but after testing I realize you should cross the straps in an "X" pattern to secure the load tighter.
Well that's it for now. Heading home to South Carolina next weekend for my first 6 hour drive to test my endurance on the bike. I am sure I will learn many things on this trip that will prepare me for the big journey.