Chronicles of Cross-Country Motorcycle Adventure

---

5.27.2010

AAA Benefits for Trip Planning


After many years of persistent reminding from my Mother about AAA benefits I should be using, I broke down and stopped by a local AAA store in Fairfax, VA and I am sold. I walked in the door only to be stunned by the amount of staff they had sitting there waiting to help you plan and map any of your wildest travel ideas. This is all of course FREE with your membership with AAA. The receptionist sat me down with a travel planner and I launched into my plans for a cross country motorcycle trip where I would be camping all along the way. Jane (the AAA planner) whipped open a large map of the U.S. and said point to where you want to go and we'll get you all the information you need. As I pointed at each location Jane was logging it into her computer terminal planning my route. Once we had finished Jane said I should receive my TripTik in the mail within 8 days. A TripTik has turn-by-turn directions of my whole trip broken down by each stop I make and includes things to do along the way. It's really awesome. Also before I walked out the door Jane handed me 3 bags full of maps for each state, tourbooks of each state, and camping guides for each state. I will never doubt Mother's advice again hahaha.