Chronicles of Cross-Country Motorcycle Adventure

---

6.09.2010

New Lights





I had Morton's BMW install my Back Off LED License Tag Frame. This I DO NOT recommend buying for the BMW 1200 GS. The guys at Morton's had a heck of a time figuring out how to just get the stupid mounted. The directions for this product were also unbelievably inadequate. The guy in the shop actually stopped working and came out to show me the directions that came with the box. He just looked at me with this dumbfounded look of "You seriously think I can do this?". Mind you this guy had been working on BMW bikes for almost 15yrs and was a Master Technician if that gives you a sense of how ridiculous this thing turned out to be. In the end he got the brake lights working but failed to get the turn signal lights working, which by the way cost me $20 to get the model that had that feature.

Also I had my new Wunderlich Micro-Flooter lights installed on the bike and although they provide excellent visibility DO NOT BUY THESE THINGS! Quite possibly the worst directions and craftsmanship I have ever seen on any product I have EVER bought. The directions consisted of 9 total steps to install the lights. Lets just say it take more than 9 steps just to put the stupid lights together let alone install them on the bike. Wish I would have conducted more research on this product otherwise I would have seen all the horrendous reviews buy other customers. So I ended up taking them to Morton's BMW in Fredericksburg, VA. Moving on.